Saturday, May 8, 2010

Trapped In The New Scene



I can't believe I've finally finished college! w00t w00t! For the longest time it seemed as though this day would never come. As of yesterday morning I officially ended my college career and gained a degree in sociology. The ceremony time took longer than expected because it snowed Thursday night/Friday morning and they had to clear it out of the stadium, but it was definitely something I'll never forget.

When I graduated from high school back in '06 the only thing that I can remember is that it was sooooo fricken hot outside. I sat in the back row of the bleachers, so naturally my body was used as shade for someone else. Also, Stephanie (pictured above) saved me from having to give a speech at the ceremony as salutatorian (thanks for messing up your perfect GPA). Other than that, it was all one giant blur.

While CU's ceremony was very large and unorganized, I feel that it was the perfect ending to these last 4 years. After spending eight semesters stressing over papers, tests, and presentations, it was kind of nice to sit there, relax, and take in the moment.
I'm still taking it all in.

Frederick High School
May 27th, 2006
So fuckin' hot

University of Colorado at Boulder
May 7th, 2010
So fuckin' cold


CU isn't that much bigger...right?







1 comment: