Saturday, October 9, 2010

Undertow

I read an article recently that claims individuals that regularly write blogs, but go on hiatus for a while, typically state in their next entry, "Sorry guys, I haven't updated in a while because I've been so busy!" I can honestly say that being busy is not why I haven't updated in a while. I haven't posted anything because I feel like my life is sort of at a standstill. I'm still working at the parking garage while trying to find a new job. Where are all the jobs at? Seriously?!

So lately it feels as though my life has become merely a string of days and nights. They're held together by working at a job I hate while trying to find one I'll love, and the peaceful bliss that is sleep. However, my mundane routine was mixed up a little yesterday once I left work. I've been borrowing my friend Brandon's Jeep while he's off enjoying Vegas, so I've had a little more freedom to drive around rather than ride the bus everywhere. I headed home last night to get some dinner before going to see a movie with a friend, when luck would have it, I was rear ended. Yeah, in Brandon's car. The damage done to his jeep was minimal, but I can't say the same for the other car. Thankfully nobody was injured, but it still shook me up a little bit.


Poor little bumper :(


wait for it....




wait for it...




wait for it...

BAM!



Not a pretty little BMW anymore...


Also, there is more to conclude my bad day. When I headed back into Boulder later that night to see a movie, I hit and killed a raccoon. The little shit was on highway and I was going about 60 when I hit it. I felt awful for the rest of the night.

Now that I've had an incredibly bad day, I feel Karma should pop up and bring me an extremely good day. Is there an awesome job offer in my future?? Hmmm, I guess I will have to wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. Aw man, that does sound like a shit storm. But luckily you don't have to pay for the rear end nonsense since it wasn't your fault - THAT would have been a major bummer. I'll have to tell you the story sometime of how i killed a bunny in my car once. It's the worst feeling ever cuz you can't do anything to stop what's coming! Don't feel too bad. Things will start looking up :) That job is right around the corner, I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete